The sign

The sign
Thanks Dad !

Tuesday 11 June 2013

Number 34 - make an ironing board cover (Ironic)


Oh. Deary. Me.
Oh. Deary. Deary. Me. Repeat to fade.
Bad Leanne. But on the plus side I have something to write about. Admittedly it is something that has been completed for months (well within the 12 months of being 40 timeline). So yes. An ironing board cover. Below, I have tried to mosaic the photos (like I see on other blogs- turns out I have just neglected my own blog but have totes obvs still found the time to dedicate to reading other people's blogs) 
Anyway- lets see how the mosaic thing pans out (I don't think it is going to pan out in any way/shape/form but hey ho)
I needed a new ironing board cover (see 1st photo as evidence of why new cover was required) as all the clothes were getting a lovely little criss cross pattern. This might also have something to do with my heavy- handedness.......
Anyways, I wasn't going to buy an ironing board cover... I have a sewing machine, it will be fine. I will make one. And I will put it on my 40 4 40 list - that will make me make it ! Surely.
So, the second photo is my first attempt. I got excited. I forgot to concentrate (details of when I forget to concentrate can be found here) and cut the cover to the exact measurement of the ironing board. Which left me with nothing to gather so I painfully/randomly/don't know why, thought it would be a good idea to sew bias binding round the edge so I could thread the ribbon through to draw the cover together. Can you see the bias binding/pins/general bad tempered hand sewing as it would not fit through my sewing machine properly?
So I threw all the toys out of the pram and put it away and bought an ironing board cover. Oh the shame. And then I thought I should make one.I should. I know I can. So I nipped to the shop and got some lovely material (third photo) and followed a pattern et voila- as they say. I do need to follow a pattern- otherwise I do get into trouble.
I have been happily ironing away with my lovely new ironing board cover since December 2012.
Altogether now..... ahhhhhhhhhhhh.













No comments:

Post a Comment