The sign

The sign
Thanks Dad !

Monday 8 April 2013

Number 17 -partake in more culture

Um, where to start.....how does one become more cultured?  A couple of years ago I met my lovely friend LC in London for her 40th. We spent the day pootling around and ended up on the South Bank on some fake grass knocking back the Pimms (there we go- the actual phrase 'knocking back' betrays my lack of cultural roots) anyways,  a quick loo trip  (too much Pimms) coincided with a performance starting and I impetuously decided I was going to immerse myself in culture. So I put it on the list....

I think I got as far as listening to a lot of Radio 4. And I do watch Question Time (if only to shout at the tv) (is it wrong that I think this is culture?).
This may smack of desperation but I am ticking off number 17 as I went to the theatre the other week- and it wasn't to see a pantomime (because in that case I would be super-cultured as I have been to several pantomimes in the last few years- I even went to two different ones in 2011). (I am actually quite easily pleased it would seem...)
So yes, the theatre.....


What is the scene you see before you ????? A modern interpretation of an established classic? The works of Shakespeare via the medium of dance? Vincent and Flavia from Strictly Come Dancing and their Argentine Tango show?

Don't worry about putting your answers on a postcard as we all know it was the third option. In my defence I had to concentrate as any spoken word was Italian.

I am resigned to being uncultured but è stata una giornata fantastica fuori.

No comments:

Post a Comment