The sign

The sign
Thanks Dad !

Wednesday 23 January 2013

Number 35 - revamp dining table

Well- here is said table .

Just your normal run of the mill pine table.



 I couldn't decide what to do with it. I bought some oilcloth in the Cath Kidston sale last year and then went off it.
I was going to paint table but couldn't decide what colour would look best (lot of wood in the room and not much natural daylight. (plus painting it seemed to require such a lot of work. Sanding/priming/ painting).
So then I decided I would collage loads of photos on the top and varnish it. So I printed off some photos. And then went off the idea. Didn't like the photos enough to look at them for the rest of my life.
In the meantime I made a quick blind (more on that later) and the room got decorated and I went back to the oilcloth.

Finally.....(I hear you cry- is it becoming clear why I have to make lists?) on 21st December 2012 about 20 minutes before the JGS parentals came round for macaroni cheese, JGS got out his staple gun and this happened .

1 comment:

  1. i appreciate your work.Nice dining table.Your dining table is the centerpiece of all your meals. It should be sturdy, yet fashionable, reflecting your personal taste and unique style.

    ReplyDelete