The sign

The sign
Thanks Dad !

Wednesday 9 January 2013

Number 38 - Go to a New Years Day fireworks celebration

I first saw information about the New Year's Day firework celebration on 2nd January last year . I was gutted ! So next time (i.e 2013) I was determined to go. So determined in fact, that I contacted the people in charge of the display to find out the best time to arrive. And good job I did to. A few of us went and arrived about 3pm (according to the information I was given by the lovely lady I spoke to). Some people were a bit dubious about arriving so early (after all, the display didn't start until 5pm) but it was a good job we did. Even at 3pm we had to queue for the car park and at 5pm when were were finding the perfect spectator spot (turns out we found the 2nd best spot- best spot was on the beach- I so did not know we could stand on the beach and watch- next year...) the queue for the car park was still relentless gridlock (as was the queue to get out of the car park at 5.30pm). Turns out that a quick trot around the town, scoffing some chips, slurping a scrumptious hot chocolate (some even had donuts for pudding!) was the perfect way to while away 2 hours. And before we knew it, we were all huddled up on the prom- 'oohing and aaahing' as the fireworks went off from the pier. Some of the display was even in the actual sea. The actual sea!!! Can you believe it??? (I am easily pleased...)  



oooohh I have just tried to upload a photo and it won't work. Apparently (according to interweb) this is a 'known problem' . This is like being at work...........
I will be back with photos later. Happy New Year.... x

Update- if this works then Firefox is magic......

No comments:

Post a Comment