The sign

The sign
Thanks Dad !

Sunday 29 June 2014

Glastonbury

I love seeing the Wolverhampton Wanders football club flag in the audience. Who does it belong to? I tried to follow it one year- but gave up. JGS and I have been chatting about going to a festival again. I stopped going to Glastonbury in 1999. I remember cash points arriving on site and the boy in the tent next to me being on his phone to his mum saying someone had robbed him of £200.00. I can remember thinking that I felt so old fashioned . Who would bring £200.00 to a festival and Glastonbury at that? For me it was music, Eco toilets, mud, rain, garlic bread,gin (how the train passengers from Bristol to Paddington must have loved Monday's  travelling!) and knowing that I was in the same place at the same time as John Peel  I loved not having a wash - I do have soap dodging tendencies. 
But now.... I can't be going with having to wait in a queue on the phone to see if I can buy tickets and then only a certain amount. I don't have any really short denim shorts (nor the legs for them) or a pair of hunter wellies. I don't want to see old bands (Paul McCartney/Rolling Stones/The Who). Or pop stars (Kylie/Rita Ora/Lana Del Ray/ Beyonce). However - Dolly Parton should have a slot every year. I know I found like a miserable old bag but there are plants of other festivals for acts like that. Glasto is all about that band you saw whilst on the way to another band on the way from seeing a different band. 
And the rubbish. Don't get me started on the rubbish.... The ethos of Glastonbury is the environment and the amount of rubbish that people leave is shameful .
I will get off my cross now- someone needs the wood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment