The sign

The sign
Thanks Dad !

Friday 15 June 2012

Number 24- run the Race for Life 2012

Excuse the rubbish photo. I have fallen out with my camera and this was taken quickly on my phone. To be honest, I could have taken a better photo and uploaded that. Maybe I will. Later. So- number 24 is RUN the Race for Life . I have always thought about running but never actually really got around to it (in my mind I am some sort of uber fit bunny).So I thought if I put something on my list that involved running then I would have to do it. So here it is. I have entered my local 5k Race for Life. I entered in February ( I think I thought there would be a rush on) and this is my race number. I doubt I am going to finish 184th......For the last 2 weeks I have been following my race plan like a good girl. So far I have run 2 minutes and walked for 1 x5 and run for 4 minutes and walked for 1 x4. I think I am getting on ok and it turns out that after waking up for endless mornings thinking 'I have entered the Race for Life, I must start running' that I actually sort of like running. I take the dog with me. The dog is not so keen on running it would seem. Twice she has veered in front of me and nearly brought me down.
I realise that it might sound trite that I have been waking up worrying about not running but I really want to do this. I have decided that if I finish 30 minutes or under I am going to treat myself. To this or maybe one of these or maybe I should actually buy a new camera........

No comments:

Post a Comment