The sign

The sign
Thanks Dad !

Sunday 24 June 2012

Number 33-make Gert lovely. Update.

JGS kindly donated his weekends prior to the long Jubilee weekend to rubbing down and spraying up new camper doors (as seen previously).....(if I can work out how to link to a previous post then I will do that ). Over the long Jubilee weekend finishing touches were added to the driver cab door and JGS removed the old one and fixed in the new one. This took him longer than we both thought.
It looks soooooooooo lovely. The following weekend we went camping to East Sussex so I thought I would share some photos of the lovely new door and the new home for my granny square  number 1 blanket (for the summer).

Look how pretty the new door looks. I am too ashamed to post photos of how bad the old door looked (filler was a main ingredient in the old doors) but to be fair the driver door was not so bad. The passenger door on the other hand (side) is a very different scenario. And I will post before and after photos of that event. If by any chance, anyone from Just Kampers is reading this could I possibly point out that the doors do not really fit as well I would want them to considering the cost and the fact that they are brand new.
There is obviously more paint work to be done surrounding the door.
I should probably point out that the tipping point for buying new doors came when both window channels collapsed so neither window could be opened properly. There were a couple of HOT journeys that neither of us want to repeat.

I cannot remember how much of Gert I have shared with you. I think I might dedicate an entire post once the other door is on and take you on an historical trip. But for now please check out granny square number 1 in her new home....

I think she looks lovely...................

JGS- thank you so much for your help. I hope the cheese scones I made you helped in some way. x

2 comments:

  1. That looks great! Love how bright the blanket is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie- thank you. It is nice to know someone else appreciates random colour schemes !

    ReplyDelete