The sign

The sign
Thanks Dad !

Saturday 23 June 2012

Number 7. Spa break/yoga retreat

Here we have a relaxing thing on the list. I combined it in case I could only do one or the other. It appears that actually now I have done one, that I actually might also be able to do the other. How lucky is that??
I have been practising yoga for about 7 years now. My lovely friend LC is also a yogi. LC was 40 last year and one of the presents I got her was a subscription to the British Wheel of Yoga. (I  got myself one at the same time- well, it seemed rude not to). Every year the BWY ( cannot keep typing British Wheel of Yoga although I suppose I could copy and paste) holds an annual congress where members can gather and experience different types of yoga and teachers. LC and I decided to go to the 2012 Congress. So, April 13-15 saw LC and I at Warwick University for a weekend of yoga. It was good fun, yoga interspersed with crochet/knitting and wine ( well ours was. A majority of the other people there were actually yoga teachers who attend Congress to sustain their CPD). We stayed in the student accommodation.When I walked into my room I was flabbergasted. Even though I was on a different university campus and (sshhhh 18 years later) my room for the weekend looked exactly like my room in halls when I was at uni. The bed and the desk- I couldn't believe it. There was the added bonus of a bathroom/shower and toilet (en-suite sounds too grand a term) in the room. And a kettle- which was refreshed with teabags and milk EVERY DAY!!!! I did feel awful because it was the Easter Holidays and the poor student who lived in that room in term time had had to pack up all their stuff and move out for the holidays. Apparently this is common  practice- LC herself had to do this when she was at uni. I was quite tidy though.
So- as proof- please see below me in downward dog- wine had been consumed so my posture might not be 100% technically correct.

I sent this to my mum and she did not realise that I was in front of a poster (I am) and she thought that LC had balanced herself on my back (the woman in the poster in the white t-shirt) and that we were enganged in some sort of extreme yoga posture !!!!
LC and I had so much fun at the yoga congress that we might actually go to a spa as well. Result.

No comments:

Post a Comment