The sign

The sign
Thanks Dad !

Thursday 12 July 2012

Number 24- more race for life (is there anything else on the list?)

Well......... I went out running twice on Sunday. Well, I ran to JGS's parents for a chat and a cup of tea and then ran back. I think that was 6k round trip. Today I did 4.78k in 27 minutes (measly 352 calories- but after my tea I think I am in the calorie version of negative equity).
I have also been thinking about my list and that I should have organised it better. I should have been blogging a thing a week ( this would have given an extra 12 weeks to play with. instead of probably a VERY busy November as I cram everything in). I have just counted and I have only ticked off 11 things !!!!! A couple are going to come together at a later date and there are several I need to knuckle down to but there are three I have concerns about.
Number 5 is learn to surf. I REALLY want to do this. REALLY REALLY! In fact I would be happy if this was the only thing I completed. I need to get this organised. The weather doesn't really matter for this as it is hardly California round here and I will be wet suit-tastic.
Number 13 is walk all/part of the coast to coast walk ! What was I thinking?? I put this on after a random comment by JGS last year. I even got him a coast to coast guide for Christmas. I am thinking that maybe we could do part of it over August Bank Holiday. Me, JGS, the dog and the tent. I am sure it will be fine.
Number 20 is do a craft fair- this incites panic as I don't think I have left myself enough time to make stuff? How much crochet does the world need?
I also need to blog more- I have at least 4 updates to write about (one of which is from Easter- which was in April!) So I have written them on my weekend to do list. You should get two 26's (unexpected opportunity) (I am in danger of having too many 26's and not enough 1-25 and 27-40) and update on another crochet cushion (should I have done a separate list for the amount of cushions I have done this year?) Plus an update on 16 (being a more confident driver) and two new items.
Number 18 - stop my checking habits (checking gas/taps/phone are switched off and on hook respectively) is quite random and I am unsure how to measure this. Maybe if I can go a week without doing it I can say I have succeeded. Although it does take 3 weeks to change a habit apparently......
It looks a bit dull without a photo so here is a photo of my asparagus.

If you look carefully there are a couple of spears (and a sweetcorn)- but those toadstools- man alive they are everywhere and have come from nowhere.

And then some peanut butter cookies I made JGS over the weekend. They got 9.5/10 (but JGS could not confirm the reasons for the missing .5) I used the Hummingbird Bakery recipe . They were delish. Past tense. There are none left and suffice to say it appears neither of us have a nut allergy that we were unaware of.

And then only because I found this photo and it made me laugh........(those ends!!!) (although I found this on Little Tin Bird which has a brilliant bit on darning in ends- mine so far have been random knots and darning but thanks to this tutorial it will be darning all the way from now on).

because yes..... this is going to be another cushion.... (well it was a mistake to start with but I am going to persevere)
Oh yes- before I go, we did a car boot the other Sunday and I took this with me. Several people came over and had a look and complimented me on my choice of colour (some of them were wearing sunglasses) but one man came over and said to me that he loved to crochet but he felt that he had to do it in private. As he left I said 'crochet outside and be proud' and then felt bad as I had yelled out something he kept secret in my over excitement. I am sorry.
Later on another man came over and he said he had been in the special forces and  had a breakdown and part of his rehabilitation had been crochet and cross stitch. It was lovely chatting to him and he was chuckling when he was telling me about men that had seen terrible things but were all sitting in a room discussing crochet and if the pattern was looking OK. Crochet is fab.



Deborah- if you are reading this I hope your knee is better and that you are raring to go- good luck !

No comments:

Post a Comment