The sign

The sign
Thanks Dad !

Monday 2 July 2012

Number 24-Race for life update-part 2

I only went out running once last week. I have other stuff to do on Tuesday and Wednesday nights and last Thursday I sacrified running for vanity in that I was having my hair de-greyed.... So I went out tonight (Monday) after looking at my race plan which claimed I should be 'running for 5 minutes and walking for 1 minute x5 times'. I translate this as 'must run for 25 minutes'. I cannot do with the stopping and starting and having to check my watch- especially with the dog. So I set off (with dog) with a target of 25 minutes running continously. I have a route that I know is just over 3k so I tagged a little extra onto the end of this and clocked in with 4.48k in 28.54 minutes. I have this app called RunKeeper (suggested to me by LC-where is your blog LC?) which is both a blessing and a curse. As it quite clearly states that 4.48k of running only burnt 379 calories !!! Oh well, it makes me think about what we put into our bodies and how much effort we have to put in to balance it out.
Well, I will get down off my high horse now. I need a cup of tea !
Oh yes, to bring me back down to earth I appear to be following my own blog... by accident/technological incompetence. A temporary  narcissistic  moment which I will correct the moment I work out how.


PS- running seems to make me unable to spell as it has taken me nearly 30 minutes to write this because of my dancing fingers.

3 comments:

  1. I use Endomondo (similiar to Runkeeper) and am always disappointed with the low-ness of calories burned! You'd think half an hour of running should be at least 1000 calories! Sadly not.

    Well done with the Running. You're on target for 5K in 30mins. I've not run for over a week now due to dodgy leg (caused by running!). Not long til my race though so will have to get going again soon. Run through the pain!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this is the third time I have tried to reply to this....technically inept which is why I have no blog (but I'm sure when I do I'll follow myself - I need at a last one follower don't I?)
    Anyway, I think you are doing brilliantly with the running. Why not ignore the calorie counter and just think about how super fit you are?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deborah- I hope the knee is getting better. The weather here has been very un-running like....I went out again on Thursday and it was so muggy outside that I had a very unsatisfactory time. This must be getting serious.We still have time though....

    LC- I will try x

    ReplyDelete