The sign

The sign
Thanks Dad !

Monday 27 August 2012

Number 28- put up hammock and crochet in it (simple things)

Last weekend was lovely and hot (and I am not a hot weather person). JGS, dog and I just relaxed and pottered. It was just lovely. This weekend--- well that is a different matter. Whereas last weekend I was wondering when I got middle aged as I realised how fabulous it was that I emptied the laundry bin, washed everything and dried it all on the line. And it was mostly the 'drying on the line' that pleased me at the time (but has since worried me deeply). This weekend, nothing has dried. In fact things have got even wetter as I just left them hanging on the line in the rain. I have made a conscious decision to remove this 'Stepfordness' from my life.
I feel better now I have got that in the open.

So yes, number 28- put up hammock and crochet in it. Up went hammock and in I went.

This is a blanket for a friend who is due baby #3 at any time. Luckily my list provided me with this opportunity to sit and relax and crochet. I am also putting this towards number 32- crochet a ripple blanket. Even though I know it is stripey and only a ripple if you shake it up and down and wave it about in front of your face. However, I have made a conscious decision (yes another one) to finish off all my WiP's before I start another crochet project- WHICH WILL BE A RIPPLE (but probably a cushion rather than a blanket- although this blanket is a lovely size so I could ripple one this size maybe). Whilst hammocking and crocheting I also did some tea drinking.

The hammock was not very high off the ground so I was able to reach my tea easily. In case anyone was worried. I darned all the ends in on this blanket this weekend and last night edged it in a lovely green. So it is now officially finished. Here it is- all rolled up and ready to go.
In all honestly-I am contemplating handing it over and saying if you don't like it PLEASE LET ME HAVE IT BACK. I WILL NOT BE OFFENDED. In my urge to finish off outstanding projects I also finished this.
Wow- I hear you say. Another cushion. But this one is mine. All for me. To brighten up 'headache corner' now granny square blanket has been rehomed in Gert.

PS I understand that 'crocheting in a hammock' isn't exactly 'bucket list' .




No comments:

Post a Comment