The sign

The sign
Thanks Dad !

Monday 6 August 2012

Running update


Well..... I am not sure how this happened. Nor how I purchased the wrong magazine. I was recommended Women's Running but appear to have acquired Runners World. In my defence, I think I panicked as I never thought I would be buying a magazine about running. Thanks for the tip though DL- I will get Women's Running next time- as specified... Hope your training is going well.
I have been out running tonight-the first time in a week which is the longest that I have not been running since I started training for Race for Life (do you know I finished in under 30 minutes??? Have I mentioned that?) I need to get a crack on with running 10k now as the 10k I am hoping to enter is at the end of September. I would like to run that in an hour.
Last Monday I did 6.5k in 43 minutes and tonight I did that same route but backwards. This was a mistake as I ended up doing a lot of walking as there was quite a lot of traffic on the lanes- which was annoying and the whole thing seemed to take longer and was definitely more difficult (for some reason) but now I am home I can see how much the dog and I had to stop. And to be honest, I should get over myself- I am not an Olympian. And I was only out for 45 minutes so it wasn't that bad.

My running partner and I took a while to get into our stride tonight. At one point I was laughing as we were like an old couple in some sort of badly organised 3-legged race. My running partner is very patient .

We are going to practice more next week.

2 comments:

  1. I think the magazines are all pretty similar anyway!

    I've just bought new Women's Running as it has a feature on half marathon training! I haven't entered the Chelmsford one yet - bit scared to commit! I did run just over 10 miles last weekend. Really pleased with myself but it was a real effort!

    My son came out with me a few days before the 10 miles. It was the first time in ages and he couldn't keep up with me! I had to send him home after 2 miles!

    I still have my sights on the kilomathon in October.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would have thought at the start of the year we would be running and buying running magazines !!! I will look out for WR as it sounds more interesting than Runners World. Go on- enter !!! Shame on your son !! Congrats on the 10 miles !

    ReplyDelete