The sign

The sign
Thanks Dad !

Monday 12 November 2012

Number 1- Afternoon tea at The Ritz

Ohhhh more sandwiches? With the crusts cut off?And delicious fillings? And endless amounts of tea?? And cake???? Why, kind sir, don't mind if I do !!!!
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Thinking back, afternoon tea at The Ritz was the reason I started the list. I thought it was something I would have to make an effort to do so why not find 39 other things as well.....
Afternoon tea at The Ritz was a birthday present from JGS's parents. And it was lovely.
 
Look- here is it ! JGS and I were booked in for 3.15 and as a result were ravenous. Hence the realisation halfway through the sandwiches that I hadn't taken a photo! How un-chic.

 
 
 
And then a waiter appeared to my left apologising profusely for the delay in the vegetarian sandwiches.......Oh my. We ended up having more sandwiches between two of us that the table of four did next to us! We weren't complaining.
 
 
 
The cakes on the top plate were a vanilla slice, two raspberry and cream tarts, a macaroon and this little chocolate ganache beauty.



We shared the vanilla slice and the ganache- mostly because the option of playing 'scissors, paper, stone' for the cakes would have lowered the tone.

It was so lovely- the pianist was playing and everything was so elegant. The place was full and we had really good seats for people watching.

Thank you JGS parentals. Such a thoughtful birthday gift and I loved it ! xx



 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment