The sign

The sign
Thanks Dad !

Sunday 9 December 2012

Number 26 (part 10) - an unexpected opportunity

Possibly I think I should have aimed for 40 unexpected opportunities instead. Even though I have just over a month to go I know there are things that are not going to be completed for various reason- time constraints, lack of organisation and logistics being the three main ones. I don't think I am going to make it 'wild swimming' (number 10) go up an eco tower (number 29) or have a road trip holiday (number 8) before 14th January 2013. I am going to have to make myself cycle to work (number 30) and possibly weaken the meaning of 'culture' in number 17 (partake in more culture- actually using the word 'partake' sounds quite cultural in itself so maybe??) However, there is still time 'who knows what is going to happen'......  if someone could build a loch near work with an open air stage offering a modern  interpretation of Ibsen's A Doll's House, then I could knock those three on the head in one go.
As this is unlikely to happen- I am going to carry uncompleted things over and complete them next year over as I think I am going to keep this up. It has been a great motivator. And to be honest- some things I cannot complete this year I know I will get the chance to do next year and as long as I have done 40 different things this year then I will be a happy bunny.

So yes- unexpected opportunity number 10. Snow tubing...........
Involves the following:
Wrapping up warm.
Wearing a snug helmet
Speeding down a slope in a rubber tyre.
That is all.
Apart from the stress of navigating the three moving travelators  that get you to the top. Between these and the cable car I think skiing might be off !

So yes- this is the tubing run......(from the bottom).


And here is me at the bottom. It was impossible to take photos at the top. Due to the fact that you were perched for seconds at the top by the instructor and then hurtled off at speed. I figured that if I had managed to take a photo on the river cruise and not dropped my phone I would be foolish to take a chance now.

I think I am adopting a 'gnarly snow dudette' pose here. I am not really sure this is a style that suits me. As on my first 'tube run' there was a lot of high pitched squealing from my mouth!  It was fab though- I would even go as far to say I wish it had been longer and faster....

No comments:

Post a Comment