The sign

The sign
Thanks Dad !

Sunday 9 December 2012

Number 26- (part 8) an unexpected opportunity

A day trip to the seaside.....
Yeap- the other day I took the day off work and took myself off on a little adventure. I got the bus to the seaside.
It was my favourite type of day to be on the beach. Blustery and overcast. I always think the seaside seems more romantic in these circumstances. The beach was deserted as it was midweek and out of holiday time.


As I was by the seaside I did have to have the obligatory 'chips for dinner'. I would like to say that I took the photo above then went to get the chips and then re-created the first photo perfectly. But I can't as I just hid the chips (with difficulty) as I took the first photo.



I did sit on a rock to eat the chips but then it began to rain and even I thought I was beginning to look a bit too much 'romantic heroine' (think The French Lieutenant’s Woman on the Cobb) on the  for my own good. The rock would have been a fabulous rock if I had been a  mermaid though- it was lovely and smooth for my tail to lie on as I combed my hair. I so, so wish my next photo was of me with a mermaid tale. But it isn't.

I wandered around the seaside shops and bought some Christmas presents. And some needless presents for myself- but I felt they were necessary.

Then I was thirsty. The lovely tea shop was full and the second lovely one was closed. The others didn't really appeal so I went for the next best thing.....


 This is a half pint of 'witches blood' (it was Halloween) and it was delicious. I think I freaked the bar staff out slightly. Middle aged woman, in the pub on her own in the middle of the day drinking real ale? What is the world coming to?
Maybe they had seen me earlier all romantic and wistful, looking out to sea. Whilst shovelling chips in my mouth....That sight would be enough to freak even my nearest and dearest out.

On the way home I stopped off to check out a couple of other places and had another 'looking out to sea moment' but this time from the harbour perspective. With no chips- but I did partake in a delicious hot chocolate after I took this broody little number.



So yes- this is my day at the seaside. I am counting it as an unexpected opportunity as I went on my own whereas if I had gone with JGS and Chops I would have had a lovely time  but it would have been different. Everyone needs to do things on their own from time to time. It makes us appreciate everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment