The sign

The sign
Thanks Dad !

Wednesday 14 March 2012

Number 2. Dinner at a Spaghetti House restaurant.

There is a chain of restaurants called 'The Spaghetti House'  In September 1975, at the Spaghetti House restaurant in Knightsbridge there was an incident, commonly known as 'The Spaghetti House siege' whereby masked gunmen broke into the restaurant and took staff hostage. The siege lasted 6 days. All hostages were released unharmed (as much as you could be after being held captive for 6 days) and the robbers were sent to jail. The restaurants were set up by 2 Italian friends in the mid 1950s and one of the friends lives in a village near me. Writing about it now, I don't really know why I put it on my list. Starstruck maybe (it doesn't take much).


On Saturday, JGS and I met up with XRay, HNB and IT in London to complete some things off my list. Namely number 2- the Spaghetti House and number 3- cocktails at the 101 Bar under Centerpoint (more of this later- and another unexpected opportunity moment). We had a lovely meal in the 1st Spaghetti House restaurant in Goodge Street. It is a lovely building- over 4 floors and the food was delicious. And thank you Mr Tesco (and I very rarely thank you for anything- except ironically for ruining the landscape with your red and blue signage) for giving us 'voucher tea'. And also thank you to IT and HNB for providing said vouchers and having to shop at Tesco in the 1st place to get vouchers. I applaude you. So yes- if you are ever in need of something to eat- pop into the Goodge Street restaurant and ask for Stefano. He was very kind to us.
So this is us  with our wine aperitif. I had a really lovely time x.

No comments:

Post a Comment