The sign

The sign
Thanks Dad !

Monday 12 May 2014

BEDM. Day 12

I didn't think I would have anything to blog about today. I thought I was going to have to hunt around my mind for something. But, when I got home it appeared that lampshade kit number 2 had arrived. So meet the Orla Kiely lampshade sister . This one lives upstairs on the landing.
I thought it would be easy to do- after all, number one was a breeze- apart from the fact that the pattern was upside down. I made sure the pattern was right on this one but boy did I struggle! The tape didn't seem sticky enough and the tape on the seam edge actually came unstuck and I only found out at the end so I had to do a bit of bodging. I didn't  enjoy that. But hey ho, we aren't going to tell anyone - are we? 
It was dark by the time I put it in place so sorry for the rubbish photo. More importantly, this marks a milestone in that I have unscrewed and replaced a lightbulb. Twice. And not electrocuted myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment